Thursday, February 27, 2014

Art & Joy


 One of the things that I love the most about creating is finding ordinary things and make them look pretty and totally different, like a simple rectangular ikea box... the whole process of making this project was really fun and something I enjoy! 

Una de las cosas que mas disfruto de crear es encontrar cosas ordinarias  y convertirlas en algo lindo y totalmente diferente, como por ejemplo esta simple  caja de ikea... todo el proceso de hacer este proyecto me encanto y fue muy divertido! 

The base was from a cardboard box (I found it while I was cleaning my scrap room) when I saw the box I knew what I wanted to to...   I had this project in mind for a long time...

La base es una simple caja de carton que tenia arrumbada en mi scrap room, cuando la vi supe inmediatamente que queria hacer, pues como dicen en mi pueblo " ya le traia ganas" a este proyecto desde hace mucho tiempo...
I painted the box and covered with papers and then I just start adding my favorite embellishments like the resin pieces from Melissa Frances, silk flowers, twill tape, lace, vintage buttons and seam binding.

Pinte la caja y la cubri con papeles, despues solo fui adornando con las cosas de siempre y que mas me gustan:  piezas de resina de Melissa Frances, flores de seda, twill tape, encaje, botones vintage, seam binding.
scalloped banner on top is from La-la land crafts die,  I also painted the 4 wood sticks  and wrap seam binding around. The banner for the bottom part was made from Ek Success punch is called: Cake Piping Large Edger Paper Punch

el banderin de scallops en la parte de arriba es de un suaje de La-la land crafts,  tambien pinte los 4 palitos y les puse seam binding alrededor.
And now I have a cute display for my cards and mini albums, I know I will be making more and more of these I JUST LOVE them!!!  :)

Y ahora tengo un lindo display para mis tarjetas y mini albums, se que hare mas de estos muy pronto ME ENCANTO el resultado!!!  :)



This is how it looks without the cards, some of the papers I use are from: Melissa Frances, My Minds Eye and from the collages: Vintage Rose, Wood Floral English Garden,  Sunshine Backgrounds, Vintage Strips, Tape Measure

Asi se ve sin tarjetas, los papeles que use son de: Melissa Frances, My Minds Eye y de los collages: Vintage RoseWood Floral English Garden,  Sunshine Backgrounds, Vintage Strips, Tape Measure


And last a baby card created with more Melissa Frances paper, chipboard and rub ons,   floral paper from:  Amore backgrounds collage, and the baby image from the collage Baby 01

Y para terminar les muestro una tarjetita de bebe com  mas papeleschipboard y rub ons de Melissa Frances,   papel floral del collage:  Amore backgrounds , y la imagen de bebe es del collage Baby 01
Stamps from Fancy Pants and Papertrey Ink.

Sellos de Fancy Pants y  Papertrey Ink.


Have a great day and thank you for all your sweet comments :)

Que tengan un hermoso dia y gracias por sus lindos comentarios :)

28 comments:

Nannys Rodríguez said...

que bello proyecto Betty, me gusta mucho aprender de ti cómo un estilo tan complejo ( para mi ) como el Shabby, en tus manitas fluye tan natural y hermoso! felicidades

Iv ScrapDesigner said...

ME ENCANTO!!!!! me pase igual que a Nannys haces parecer tan facil el estilo Shabby... en verdad adoro tu trabajo Betty!!! eres totalmente fuente de inspiracion para mi!!! aunque no sea mi zona de confort.... jijijiji!!! esta carretita esta divina!!!! te dejo besos!!

Anneke said...

Wouw what a GREAT PROJECT. Must have taken loods of time to make this. It looks marvelous. Thanks for sharing keep on looking Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Gra Sandel said...

Maravillosamente delicado y encantador!!!
Saludos!

chiecito said...

Eres una maestra!!! Muchas gracias por compartir, el proyecto es HERMOSO y si ejecución es espectacular! :) :)

July said...

HERMOSO !!!!! Betty es tan dulce y delicado ...que bárbara !!!! y la tarjeta cuanta ternura !!!

Tan Linda Scrap said...

DIVINO. resucite para escribir y admirar tantaaaaaaa belleza. Me encanta, tu trabajo siempre es espectacular. lo adore

Kathy said...

Gorgeous work as usual - You are so talented!

Erica said...

This is GORGEOUS! I bet it becomes your most pinned project so far. Love it!

Esperanza said...

Una preciosidad. Muy femenina y dulce. Una idea estupenda. Besos.

Unknown said...

Un trabajo espectacular, lleno de detalles.... Me encanta!!!!
Besos

Diana Maldonado said...

súper hermoso proyecto Bety! me encanta y me gusta también como nos cuentas de tu proyecto!

Lidia Baltazar said...

Woaaaaa Betty que belleza, me fascino!!! esta hermosisimo y además lleno de hermosos detallessssss saludos desde tu Tierra, cuando vienes para organizar clase!!!! xoxo

Lidia Baltazar said...

Waooooo Betty que hermosura de proyecto!!! me encanta que esta lleno de miles de hermosos detalles!!! saludos desde tu Tierra y cuando vienes????? para organizar clase!!!!!

Unknown said...

Que increible proyecto me facina y la tarjetita maravillosa

Ross Plata said...

Woooaa esta DIVINO, megahermoso, siempre te headmirado, eres una persona plivilegiada, los proyectos que realizas stan llenos de magia, de amor, de verdadero talento! Te felicito Betty!

Patty O'Malley said...

How delightful this box is! What a fabulous idea. I love it. And look at all those sweet things inside of it! The baby card is also so pretty.

Bresorte said...

Hola! que cosita más preciosa! y es verdad parece que en tus manos todo fuera fácil! mis felicitaciones!

Wendy said...

me encantan todos tus proyectos tus tags son mis favoritos y las tarjetas todo luce tan delicado saludos

Patty Tanúz said...

AHHHH es un proyecto padrísimo Bety, me encantó!!!! Muy sweet y con las tarjetitas y proyectos en exhibición luce fantástico!!! Esa tarjetita de baby una ternura!

Eva Sanz said...

Bety supercuco esta monisimo me encanta
Besos

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que preciosidad de trabajos, besos

Paper Profusion said...

So pretty! Fabulous crafting. Nicola x

Sandy said...

I have to tell you I am definitely in love. Your project is beyond simple words like beautiful and gorgeous. It is extraordinary! Although I love the little cart, it is the goodies inside that cause me so much excitement. Oh dear heart this is wonderful. I love that little burlap book. I do believe you have out done yourself with this project!
Sandy xx

Myr said...

Te quedó hermoso!! Es una belleza!!!!! Muchas felicidades amiga!!!! Besos y saludos :)

Debbie said...

OMG, Betty ... this is SO ADORABLE! I love everything about it -- the papers are so yummy! I'm sharing a little something on my blog tomorrow using your gorgeous papers - LOVE!!

Sharon Wheet said...

your altered box is just gorgeous! and it looks like it was a labor of love creating, and decorating it! Fabulous! and thank you for sharing. You are inspiring!

Anonymous said...

esta bien bien hermoso. Does Ikea still make that base box? I was there on Saturday and didn't see it, all I saw was a box with silver on the corners. I was also trying to figure out your roof.



Beatriz Jennings 2006-2022, all rights reserved